The Keto Roll
- 114 grams blue crabs (cooked)
- 40 grams olive oil mayonnaise (cooked)
- 5 grams sesame oil
- 5 grams Cholula Hot Sauce
- 50 grams avocado
- 50 grams Philadelphia Cream Cheese (or waitrose)
- 2 sheets roasted seaweed
- rice vinegar
- 10 grams soy sauce (cooked)
- 1 gram wasabi
- crab meat
- blue crabs
- Start with your cooked blue crab.
- I buy Ocean Isle Premium Claw Crab Meat from Morrison's which is pre-cooked and very convenient.
- Any cooked crab will do, so use what works for you!
- Add the mayo, sesame oil, and cholula hot sauce.
- Cholula hot sauce is an authentic Mexican brand of hot sauce.
- I was shocked and pleased to find it in a UK supermarket.
- Weigh your avocado and cream cheese.
- Divide them in half, along with your spicy crab salad, since you are making 2 rolls.
- Take one sheet of nori.
- Brush on rice vinegar to moisten the nori.
- This will make it easier to seal and cut later.
- Make sure you do not use seasoned rice vinegar, this has added sugar.
- Rice vinegar is similar to wine vinegars, but slightly less acidic.
- Since you are using a small amount of something very low-carb, I considered it negligible in the calculations.
- Spread your crab salad along the length of the nori down the center.
- Place half inch thick strips of avocado and cream cheese down the center also.
- Roll up your sheet of nori, sealing with more brushed on vinegar if needed.
- I do this without bamboo sushi rolling mats, so it can be done.
- It's not particularly easy though! Don't over work the roll.
- It is very soft and moist from the crab salad and will tear easily.
- Repeat with 2nd sheet of nori.
- Slice into inch thick slices.
- In a small dish, put 1 g wasabi and 10 g soy sauce.
- My soy sauce has 3.2 g of carbs per 100g.
- If yours is more carb-y, try watering it down with a little water - it may just be stronger.
- Or you can also use less soy sauce.
- The roll does not absorb much when dipped, and invariably there is some left behind in the dish - so don't stress!
- fat: 63.1 g, protein: 26.8 g, carb: 3.1 g
- ratio: 2.1:1
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:52:20.