Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower | Vegan, Paleo, Keto Side Dish
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rosemary (cut into florets)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme (cut into florets)
- 4 garlic cloves (cut into florets)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (cut into florets)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut off end of garlic head.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Wrap garlic head tightly in aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, or until cloves become soft.
- Remove 3-4 garlic cloves by scooping them out with a spoon.
- For the Mashed Cauliflower: Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Boil cauliflower for 10-12 minutes.
- Drain water and place cauliflower on a towel and let cool for 10 minutes before handling.
- Dry cauliflower completely before proceeding.
- In the bowl of a food processor combine cauliflower, almond milk, 3 tablespoons olive oil, rosemary, thyme, 3-4 roasted garlic cloves, ¾ - 1 teaspoon salt and a pinch of black pepper.
- Puree for 2-3 minutes or until mashed cauliflower is completely smooth.
- Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl every 30-45 seconds to ensure even pureeing.
- Serve mashed cauliflower with a drizzle of olive oil and a few sprigs of rosemary or thyme and enjoy.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:52:21.