Thai Curry with Shrimp
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 onions (cut into 6 chunks)
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic (cut into 6 chunks)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (cut into 6 chunks)
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (cut into 6 chunks)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 carrots (halved and sliced into half-moon shapes)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 pound shrimp (cut into 6 chunks)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 pinch salt (cut into 6 chunks)
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pot at medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, break it up a bit with a spoon and cook until soft (about 5 minutes), stirring often.
- Add the next 5 ingredients and stir together for about 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable stock.
- Stir together, bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Lightly simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, fish sauce, carrots, and broccoli.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- As it starts to boil, add the shrimp and reduce heat back to low.
- Stir together and continue cooking until the shrimp turns pink and the vegetables are tender (about 3 minutes).
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the lime juice and cilantro.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary with a pinch of salt, more lime juice or more curry paste/powder for additional heat.
- Yield: 4
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:15.