Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded or in cubes)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients excluding the mozzarella.
- Stir well to combine the ingredients fully.Prepare a ¼ cup measuring size to form the meatballs.
- Stuff ½ teaspoon of cheese inside.
- Completely cover the cheese with meat.Transfer the meatballs to a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes until the meat turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.While baking, sauté the mushrooms in butter.Add a dash of salt to the cooked mushroom before turning off the heat.
- Pour the Dijon mustard and cream on top.Serve the meatballs in a plate and drench them with the sauce.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:57:23.