Asparagus & Basil Pesto
- 63 grams asparagus (steamed)
- 6 grams macadamia nuts (steamed)
- 1 gram garlic ,
- 10 grams olive oil (steamed)
- 6 grams fresh basil leaves (steamed)
- salt (/pepper)
- I used a mortar and pestle since this amount is too small to run through a food processor. You could use a small bowl and the back of a spoon. Crush the macadamia nuts until they start to look creamy. Add the garlic and make sure it has been crushed into the macadamia nuts. Add the oil and basil, stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Top the asparagus with the pesto, or serve on the side as a dipping sauce. Grilled meat will fill the protein allotment to make this a complete meal.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:40:55.