Asparagus & Basil Pesto
- 63 grams asparagus (steamed)
- 6 grams macadamia nuts (steamed)
- 1 gram garlic
- 10 grams olive oil (steamed)
- 6 grams fresh basil leaves (steamed)
- salt (/pepper)
- I used a mortar and pestle since this amount is too small to run through a food processor.
- You could use a small bowl and the back of a spoon.
- Crush the macadamia nuts until they start to look creamy.
- Add the garlic and make sure it has been crushed into the macadamia nuts.
- Add the oil and basil, stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Top the asparagus with the pesto, or serve on the side as a dipping sauce.
- Grilled meat will fill the protein allotment to make this a complete meal.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:40:55.