Keto Steak With Béarnaise Sauce
- 4 rib eye steaks (steakribeye steaks)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs (yolkegg yolks)
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon (steakribeye steaks)
- 2/3 pound butter
- 2 ounces lettuce (steakribeye steaks)
- 2 ounces lettuce
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes (steakribeye steaks)
- Bring the meat and eggs to room temperature.
- Neither meat nor eggs should be cold when you cook them. Start with the sauce.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites, and place the yolks in a small heat-resistant bowl.
- (Reserve the whites for another use.) Mix vinegar, onion powder, and tarragon in another small bowl.
- Whisk the yolks with a hand mixer until smooth. Gently melt the butter in a sauce pan or microwave oven.
- Don’t let it get too hot; you should be able to put your finger in it without getting burned. Add the butter carefully into the yolks while continuing to whisk.
- Increase the speed when the sauce begins to thicken.
- Avoid incorporating the white milk protein collected at the bottom of the melted butter into the sauce. Whisk in the vinegar and the spices.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep the sauce warm according to instructions.
- (See "Tip!") Pan-fry or grill the meat to your liking: rare, medium or well done.
- Serve with the béarnaise sauce and a generous salad.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:22:58.