Spinach Artichoke Pizza (keto, low carb)
- 1 1/2 cups part skim shredded mozzarella
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 large eggs
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons whey protein powder (1 Tbsp oat fiber or 1/4 cup more almond flour)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (1 Tbsp oat fiber or 1/4 cup more almond flour)
- 8 ounces frozen spinach (1 Tbsp oat fiber or 1/4 cup more almond flour)
- 13 3/4 ounces artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup onions (1 Tbsp oat fiber or 1/4 cup more almond flour)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup monterey jack
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Pizza Crust: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Microwave the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese, 30 seconds at a time, until completely melted, stirring between reheating.
- Add the egg and mix until incorporated.
- Add the almond flour and protein powder (if using) and mix until mixed thoroughly.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper or pat out with oiled hands.
- The dough is very sticky, but easier to handle the cooler it is.
- Place on a standard size sheet pan and cook for 12-15 minutes or until browned.
- Spinach Artichoke Dip: Melt the butter with the onions and garlic in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- When softened, add the cheeses melt.
- Add the spinach and artichokes, stirring until well combined.
- Stir in the red wine vinegar and pepper.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Method: Divide the spread in half (were only using half) and stir 1 tbsp of mayonnaise into the half being used.
- Refrigerate the extra dip and use as a side or stuff into chicken.
- Distribute the remaining 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack cheese over the crust.
- Spread the spinach artichoke dip over the pizza crust and return to the oven until warmed through.
- Serves 4.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:47.