Cheese Steak Keto Low-Carb Stuffed Peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 5 bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion (minced)
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms (minced)
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- cracked black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese (minced)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut the top of the peppers and remove the seeds and ribs.
- Dice the top of the peppers to use in the stuffing.
- Arrange bell peppers in a microwave-safe baking dish with 1/4 cup water in the bottom.
- Microwave the peppers for 4 – 5 minutes until slightly softened.
- Drain the water from the dish and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat and brown ground beef without stirring, until you get a brown crust; then break the beef apart.
- Continue cooking until almost half of the beef is browned.
- Remove the beef and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining tablespoon butter.
- Add onion and mushrooms and brown for one minute before stirring, then brown for another minute before stirring again.
- Add diced bell pepper and continue cooking for one minute or so.
- Add the beef back into the pan with crushed tomato and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook for one minute and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Stir in shredded cheese and mix well until cheese is melted.
- Scoop the mixture into the bell peppers and top with more cheese.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until bubbling and cheese is completely melted.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:27.