Everyday Paleo "No Potato" Salad
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 12 eggs (hard-boiled and diced)
- 1/2 red onion (hard-boiled and diced)
- 8 celery ribs (hard-boiled and diced)
- dill pickles (hard-boiled and diced)
- 1 1/2 cups paleo mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- black pepper (hard-boiled and diced)
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 1 dozen eggs, hard-boiled and diced
- 1/2 a medium sized red onion, finely diced
- 6-8 celery stalks, finely diced
- A lot of dill pickles, diced
- About 1 1/2 cups of my Paleo Mayo with 2 tablespoons of dried dill and 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic added.
- About 1 teaspoon of yellow mustard
- Black pepper to taste
- Cut the cauliflower into large florets.
- I used my pressure cooker to cook the cauliflower by placing the florets in the cooker, filling the cooker with about 4 inches of water, locking the lid, bringing to pressure and cooking for about 2 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from heat immediately and run the cooker under cold water to quickly bring down the pressure.
- Remove the lid and pour the cauliflower through a strainer and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- You want the cauliflower to be soft but not mushy! If you do not have a pressure cooker, steam the cauliflower around 7-10 minutes, cooking until tender but not mushy.
- Rinse the steamed cauliflower under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain the cauliflower well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Crumble the cauliflower into a large mixing bowl, add all of the remaining ingredients including the mayo, mustard, and pepper and mix well.
- This salad was HUGE and could serve at least 15 people so cut the ingredients in half unless you are feeding a crowd or want a lot of leftovers.
- As always, Enjoy!!
- [nggallery id=162]
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:49:34.