5 Ingredient Keto Salad
- 2 boneless chicken breast (skin on, 285 g/ 10 oz)
- 6 bacon (thin-cut slices
- 1 avocado (large
- 4 cups dark leafy greens (skin on, 285 g/ 10 oz)
- 4 tablespoons ranch dressing (skin on, 285 g/ 10 oz)
- ghee (or duck fat for greasing)
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F.
- Start by crisping up the chicken breasts.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper from all sides.
- Grease a small skillet with ghee or duck fat.
- Place the chicken breasts, skin side down, on the hot pan.
- Without moving it, cook the chicken on high until golden brown and crispy, for 5-6 minutes.
- Then, flip the chicken on the other side, cook for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the skillet into the oven.
- Cook the chicken for 10-15 minutes.
- WIt's done when an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 74 °C/ 165 °F.
- If you want to bake the bacon in the oven, spread the slices over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes ...
- until crispy and golden brown.
- Alternatively, you can crisp up the bacon separately on a frying pan.
- Once the chicken is cooked, transfer to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the avocado and the cooked chicken.
- Assemble the salad: start with the leafy greens, and then add avocado, crispy bacon and sliced chicken.
- Top each salad with 2 tablespoons of Ranch Dressing.
- This salad is best served immediately.
- You can always keep some cooked chicken and crisped up bacon in the fridge and reheat or simply use cold.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:48.