Protein Low Carb Keto Brownies
- 7 tablespoons coconut oil (melted and divided)
- 6 tablespoons sweetener (melted and divided)
- 1 large eggs (melted and divided)
- 2 egg yolks (melted and divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract (melted and divided)
- 5 ounces dark chocolate (melted and divided)
- 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder (melted and divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper, leaving some sticking up to use as a handle to get the brownies out of the pan.
- In a medium bowl using an electric hand mixer, beat together 5 Tbsp of the coconut oil, reserving the rest for later, along with the Erythritol, egg, egg yolks and mint extract for 1 minute.
- The mixture should turn a lighter yellow
- Place 4 oz of the chocolate in a medium, microwave-safe bowl, along with the remaining 2 Tbsp of melted oil.
- Cook on half power, using 30 second intervals, and stirring between each interval, until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- While beating, pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture until thick and well combined.
- Add the protein powder, baking soda and salt in and stir until well combined.
- Then, vigorously whisk in the almond milk until the batter smooths out a little bit.
- Finely chop the remaining one ounce of chocolate (think the size of mini chocolate chips or a bit smaller) and stir into the batter.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan and bake until the edges just begin to darken, the center rises a little bit, and an toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20-21 minutes.
- Do NOT over bake!
- Let cool in the pan for 20 minutes and then gently use the parchment paper handles to lift the brownies onto a wire rack to cool COMPLETELY.
- Once totally cooled, slice and DEVOUR!
- Recipe Video
- Recipe Notes *I have also made this with SIFTED cocoa powder and it works - they are just more rich chocolate and a little less sweet
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:48:42.