Keto Creamy Avocado Pasta with Shirataki
- 1 packet shirataki noodle
- 1 avocado (ripe)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Drain the shirataki noodles in a colander to remove the liquid they come packaged in.
- Rinse thoroughly under running water.
- If the noodles are rather long, cut into shorter pieces with scissors.
- Boil some water and cook the shirataki for 1-2 mins to remove any lingering fragrance.
- Drain and rinse again.
- Heat a clean dry frying pan and throw in the shirataki.
- The noodles contain large amounts of water, so this will help dry them out to remove some of their gelatinous texture.
- Cook for about a minute until they start to make a whistling sound.
- Remove from heat.
- PREPARE THE SAUCE In a bowl, mash your avocado and add the cream, basil, salt and pepper.
- For a smoother texture, blend ingredients in a food processor.
- Add to the frying pan with your shirataki noodles and stir through.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:52:09.