Keto Tuna Salad
- 1 head lettuce (Romaine or Little Gem, 100g / 3.5 oz)
- 1 can tuna (Romaine or Little Gem, 100g / 3.5 oz)
- 2 eggs (hard-boiled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (Romaine or Little Gem, 100g / 3.5 oz)
- 1 spring onions (Romaine or Little Gem, 100g / 3.5 oz)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt (to taste
- Tear the leaves of the lettuce, wash and drain in a salad spinner or with a paper towel.
- Add drained and shredded tuna.
- To avoid unhealthy vegetable oils that may often be used in tuna products, get tuna in extra virgin olive oil or in brine.
- I avoid buying canned foods and get tuna in glass jars instead.
- This will minimise your exposure to toxic BPAs that may often be present in canned foods.
- Top with hard-boiled eggs (see instructions in this recipe to see how to hard-boil eggs), mayo mixed with lemon juice and freshly chopped spring onion.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:12:36.