Keto Tuna Salad
- 1 head lettuce (Romaine or Little Gem, 100g / 3.5 oz)
- 1 can tuna (Romaine or Little Gem, 100g / 3.5 oz)
- 2 eggs (hard-boiled,
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (Romaine or Little Gem, 100g / 3.5 oz)
- 1 spring onions (Romaine or Little Gem, 100g / 3.5 oz)
- 1/4 lemon ,
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil ,
- salt (to taste
- Tear the leaves of the lettuce, wash and drain in a salad spinner or with a paper towel. Spread the leaves over the bottom of the serving bowl. Add drained and shredded tuna. To avoid unhealthy vegetable oils that may often be used in tuna products, get tuna in extra virgin olive oil or in brine. I avoid buying canned foods and get tuna in glass jars instead. This will minimise your exposure to toxic BPAs that may often be present in canned foods. Top with hard-boiled eggs (see instructions in this recipe to see how to hard-boil eggs), mayo mixed with lemon juice and freshly chopped spring onion. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:12:36.