Low Carb Lemon Bar Recipe - Keto & Gluten Free
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup sugar substitute (granulated, I used Swerve)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (granulated, I used Swerve)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute (granulated, I used Swerve)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lemon zest
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin (granulated, I used Swerve)
- For the crust: Melt the butter in the microwave or a small saucepan.
- Add the almond flour, sweetener, and lemon zest, stirring until fully combined.
- Press the dough evenly along the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of an 8 x 8 inch square pan.
- For best results line the pan with parchment paper or foil first, then you can simply lift out the completed lemon bars.
- Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool while you make the filling.
- For the filling: Melt the butter in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sweetener, lemon juice, and lemon zest until dissolved.
- Whisk in the egg yolks and return to the stove over low heat.
- Whisk continually until the curd starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and strain into a small bowl.
- Whisk in the the xanthan gum and gelatin until dissolved and smooth.
- Pour the filling over the pre-baked crust and spread out evenly to the edges of the pan.
- Bake the bars at 350 degrees (F) for 15 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Cut into sixteen 2 x 2 squares.
- NOTES To see a list of my favorite low carb products and brands that I recommend for sweeteners, flours, etc.
- you can check out the IBIH Pantry Ingredients Page!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:15:09.