Dark Chocolate Raspberry Fat Bombs
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen, 180g / 6.5 oz)
- 28 almonds (30g / 1 oz),
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter (fresh or frozen, 180g / 6.5 oz)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (fresh or frozen, 180g / 6.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate (fresh or frozen, 180g / 6.5 oz)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (fresh or frozen, 180g / 6.5 oz)
- 1 vanilla beans (fresh or frozen, 180g / 6.5 oz)
- 3/4 cup erythritol (fresh or frozen, 180g / 6.5 oz)
- 25 drops stevia extract (fresh or frozen, 180g / 6.5 oz)
- Place the almonds in a pan and roast them for about 5 minutes to bring more flavour in. Place one almond into each raspberry, spread over a tray and place in the freezer for about an hour. You don't need to do this but it helps the chocolate solidify faster. For the chocolate, you can use unsweetened chocolate Lindt makes one that is 99% cacao or raw cacao paste / liquor. Measure the cocoa butter, coconut oil and unsweetened chocolate. Place a bowl over a pot of water and bring to boil. Keep on low heat and make sure the water doesn't touch the bowl (or use a double boiler). If using Quick Keto Chocolate, just melt all the ingredients needed in a double boiler / bowl placed over a pot with boiling water. Place the cocoa butter, coconut oil and unsweetened chocolate into the bowl and let it melt while stirring. Meanwhile, powder the Erythritol (or Swerve). It is very important not to skip this step, otherwise you will end up with a crumbly texture like I did the first time I tried this recipe. You can "powder" the sweetener in a blender. I used vanilla stevia - you can also use chocolate or clear stevia - all of these work great. Cut the vanilla bean lenghtwise and scrape the seeds out. Once the chocolate mixture is melted, add the powdered Erythritol, unsweetened cacao, stevia and vanilla seeds. (make sure to use powdered sweetener or the chocolate will be gritty). Mix until well combined and set aside. Place small muffin paper cups on a baking tray and pour 1 tablespoon of the chocolate into each of them. Add 2 frozen raspberries filled with almonds into each cup. Pour another tablespoon of the chocolate over them and make sure you cover the raspberries completely. The chocolate will start to solidify instantly. Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until set. Store the fat bombs in the fridge to keep them fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days. Place any remaining fat bombs in the freezer to store for longer. Enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:39:58.