Dark Chocolate Raspberry Fat Bombs
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen, 180g / 6.5 oz)
- 28 almonds (30g / 1 oz)
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter (fresh or frozen, 180g / 6.5 oz)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (fresh or frozen, 180g / 6.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate (fresh or frozen, 180g / 6.5 oz)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (fresh or frozen, 180g / 6.5 oz)
- 1 vanilla beans (fresh or frozen, 180g / 6.5 oz)
- 3/4 cup erythritol (fresh or frozen, 180g / 6.5 oz)
- 25 drops stevia extract (fresh or frozen, 180g / 6.5 oz)
- Place the almonds in a pan and roast them for about 5 minutes to bring more flavour in.
- Place one almond into each raspberry, spread over a tray and place in the freezer for about an hour.
- You don't need to do this but it helps the chocolate solidify faster.
- For the chocolate, you can use unsweetened chocolate Lindt makes one that is 99% cacao or raw cacao paste / liquor.
- Measure the cocoa butter, coconut oil and unsweetened chocolate.
- Place a bowl over a pot of water and bring to boil.
- Keep on low heat and make sure the water doesn't touch the bowl (or use a double boiler).
- If using Quick Keto Chocolate, just melt all the ingredients needed in a double boiler / bowl placed over a pot with boiling water.
- Place the cocoa butter, coconut oil and unsweetened chocolate into the bowl and let it melt while stirring.
- Meanwhile, powder the Erythritol (or Swerve).
- It is very important not to skip this step, otherwise you will end up with a crumbly texture like I did the first time I tried this recipe.
- You can "powder" the sweetener in a blender.
- I used vanilla stevia - you can also use chocolate or clear stevia - all of these work great.
- Cut the vanilla bean lenghtwise and scrape the seeds out.
- Once the chocolate mixture is melted, add the powdered Erythritol, unsweetened cacao, stevia and vanilla seeds.
- (make sure to use powdered sweetener or the chocolate will be gritty).
- Mix until well combined and set aside.
- Place small muffin paper cups on a baking tray and pour 1 tablespoon of the chocolate into each of them.
- Add 2 frozen raspberries filled with almonds into each cup.
- Pour another tablespoon of the chocolate over them and make sure you cover the raspberries completely.
- The chocolate will start to solidify instantly.
- Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until set.
- Store the fat bombs in the fridge to keep them fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Place any remaining fat bombs in the freezer to store for longer.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:39:58.