Jalapeno Poppers Wrapped with Bacon
- 12 jalapeno chilies (large fresh)
- 1 package cream cheese (large fresh)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro (large fresh)
- 1 pinch salt (large fresh)
- 1 pound bacon (large fresh)
- Soak toothpicks in cold water.
- The longer the better but at least 1 hour.Cut a slice lengthwise in the jalapeÃ±o to make enough space to remove seeds.
- Make sure not to split the pepper all the way through when you do this.
- Remove seeds and ribs and wash jalapeÃ±o with cold water.Mix cream cheese, shredded cheddar, cilantro and salt and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Put cream cheese mixture inside a plastic baggie and cut a small slit on one corner of baggie.
- Squeeze mixture from baggie into jalapeÃ±os.Wrap bacon in a spiral fashion around stuffed pepper and secure with a couple of toothpicks.
- Grill the popper until the bacon is cooked, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:12:40.