Keto Egg Recipe: Asiago Cheese Cloud Eggs
- 4 large eggs (pasture raised, if possible)
- 3 ounces asiago (pasture raised, if possible)
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives (pasture raised, if possible)
- black pepper
- Move your oven rack to the center position and preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Prepare a large, rimmed baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Set aside.
- Crack and separate eggs.
- Place the egg whites in a large mixing bowl and reserve the yolks separately.
- (For best results, do not place egg yolks in one larger bowl; reserve them individually in small dishes.) To taste, season egg whites with salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form using an immersion blender or hand mixer.
- Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula during this process to incorporate all egg whites.
- Gently fold in 2/3 of each the chives and the Asiago cheese.
- Be careful not to deflate the beaten egg whites during this process.
- Onto your baking sheet, spoon the egg white mixture into four equal-sized mounds, leaving plenty of room in between each one.
- Indent the center of each mound with the back of a spoon.
- Place baking sheet into pre-heated oven on the center rack.
- Bake for 3 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven after 3 minutes and transfer one reserved egg yolk into the indent of each mound.
- Sprinkle half the remaining chives and Asiago cheese onto each mound.
- Return baking sheet to oven and bake for another 3 minutes until the whites are a golden brown and the yolks are set.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and sprinkle remaining chives and Asiago cheese on the egg clouds.
- Serve immediately
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:52:44.