Paleo Keto Fried Chicken Tenders
- 2 pounds chicken thighs (or Chicken breasts with thigh meat cut into small tender strips)
- 13 1/2 ounces full fat organic coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- coconut oil (or Chicken breasts with thigh meat cut into small tender strips)
- 2 cups almond meal (or Chicken breasts with thigh meat cut into small tender strips)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or Chicken breasts with thigh meat cut into small tender strips)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast (or Chicken breasts with thigh meat cut into small tender strips)
- Prepare Chicken: In resealable plastic bag or sealable container, combine coconut milk and marinade spices until blended and smooth.
- Coconut milk separates in the can so you’ll want to make sure it is mixed well to create a thick, rich milk.
- Using fork, poke uncooked chicken tenders on all sides to allow greater permeability.
- Place chicken in milk mixture, shaking sealed container to completely coat chicken.
- Allow chicken to soak overnight or at least 6 hours before cooking.
- Cooking Directions: In an 8”x8” pan with deep sides, combine dry coating ingredients with a whisk.
- Using tongs or a fork so that you don’t wipe off the coconut milk coating, roll each coconut-milk coated tender in the flour mixture.
- Fully coat and proceed with either skillet frying or baking directions.
- *If frying in a cast iron skillet, heat 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil (enough to coat the skillet well) over medium heat.
- Place tenders carefully in hot skillet, frying on each side until golden before flipping (about 5-8 minutes per side).
- *If baking, preheat oven to 375f.
- Lightly grease raised baking sheet (with rack for better crisping) with coconut oil.
- Place coated tenders on pan and lightly mist the top of the tenders with coconut oil spray or other oil if extra crispiness is desired.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- For a darker crust, turn oven to broil for a minute or two before taking out of oven (watch chicken carefully to avoid burning).
- Enjoy plain or with your desired dipping sauce!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:52:39.