Easy Tomato Feta Soup Recipe – Low Calorie, Low Carb, Keto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or butter)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon pesto sauce (or butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (or butter)
- 10 tomatoes (skinned
- 1 teaspoon honey (or butter)
- 3 cups water
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup feta cheese (or butter)
- Heat olive oil (butter) over medium heat in a large pot (Dutch Oven).
- Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, pesto (optional), oregano, basil, tomato paste and water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add sweetener.
- Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes, until the tomatoes are tender and cooker.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Add the cream and feta cheese.
- Cook for 1 more minute.
- Add more salt if needed.
- Serve warm.
- Recipe Notes For people who are against using heavy cream in keto diet, you can use almond milk.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:33:50.