Easy Low Carb Vegan Borscht (Beet Stew)
- 1 cup beets (shredded)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups green cabbage (shredded)
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon juniper berries
- 3 bay leaves
- vegan sour cream
- fresh dill
- In a stock pot, on medium low heat, sautee beets, carrots and cabbage in the olive oil.
- Add in seasoning and veggie stock, and simmer until all the veggies are soft, and completely cooked.
- Remove from the heat, let cool slightly and strain out juniper berries and bay leaves.
- Serve with chopped dill and vegan sour cream (if desired).
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:16:11.