Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash Low-Carb, Keto
- 1 spaghetti squash (medium)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces cooked chicken (medium)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon corn starch (medium)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg (medium)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line a baking dish with foil.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, season the inside with 1 tbsp olive oil each, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the boats cut side down and roast for 45-50 minutes.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and carefulli using a fork shred to get the noodles.
- In the mean time prepare the Alfredo sauce.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, corn starch, (nutmeg, optional) and stir.
- Add the heavy cream.
- Bring to a boil, cook for 1 minute and reduce the heat to low.
- Add the Parmesan.
- Cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken, cook for 1 minute.
- Turn the oven to broil at 400 F.
- Divide the sauce between both spaghetti squash boats.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, keeping an eye on the dish, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:33:51.