Low-Carb Black Widow Cocktail
- 450 grams frozen blackberries (or fresh, 1 lb)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (or fresh, 1 lb)
- 1 cup water (or fresh, 1 lb)
- 1/2 cup erythritol (or fresh, 1 lb)
- 90 milliliters juice (or fresh, 1 lb)
- 1/4 cup vodka (or fresh, 1 lb)
- carbonated water (or fresh, 1 lb)
- a powder
- Place the blackberries in a saucepan.
- Add the lime juice and water.
- Bring to a boil over a medium heat.
- Boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Once softened, mash the blackberries using a fork.
- Pour through a fine mesh sieve and using a spoon, press the blackberries through so that only the skins and seeds remain in the sieve.
- Pour into a jar.
- The juice should be quite thick, almost the consistency of syrup.
- Add the powdered Erythritol and mix until combined.
- Let it cool and refrigerate until ready.
- The juice will keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- To serve, optionally decorate your cocktail glasses by dipping the rims in water and then in a mixture of acai powder (or any berry powder).
- Fill each glass with ice and pour in the vodka.
- Add the sweetened blackberry juice.
- Decorate with more fresh blackberries or mint leaves and serve.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:40:21.