Wisconsin Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 yellow onion (or medium sweet white, finely diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (or medium sweet white, finely diced)
- 14 1/2 ounces chicken broth (or medium sweet white, finely diced)
- 2 pounds cauliflower florets
- 1 cup fat (or medium sweet white, finely diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, and cook until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, for about 30 seconds.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Add cauliflower, and cover skillet (I just use a piece of foil).
- Let the cauliflower steam until fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Carefully add cauliflower and broth mixture to a blender.
- Add in fat-free half-and-half and dry mustard.
- Blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in shredded cheese, and let melt.
- Garnish with a pinch of shredded cheddar or Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:52:00.