Almond Flour Keto Bread
- 6 eggs (separated)
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter (separated)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Add cream of tartar to the whites and beat until soft peaks form.
- In a food processor, mix together egg yolks, 1/3 beaten egg whites, butter, almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- (Adding a few drops of liquid stevia reduces the mild egg taste.)
- Mix well, forming a lumpy, thick dough.
- Add remaining 2/3 egg whites and gently process until fully incorporated.
- Be careful not to over mix! This is what gives the bread volume!
- Pour mixture into a buttered 8 x 4 inch loaf pan.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until a toothpick/fork slides out clean.
- Cool on a baking rack, then slice.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:44:29.