AMAZING LOW CARB KETO PROTEIN BREAD LOAF
- 3 large eggs (or 4 small)
- 120 grams full fat cream cheese
- 40 grams whey protein powder
- 25 grams psyllium husks (or 4 small)
- 1/4 teaspoon Himal (or 4 small)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (or 4 small)
- coconut flour (or 4 small)
- pre-heat oven to 140ºC fan (160ºC static).
- pile dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk until well blended, with NO lumps.
- in a separate bowl, soften cream cheese using a hand whisk and add eggs one at a time, whisking in between each.
- combine dry and wet ingredients, whisking again to amalgamate really well, and finally, incorporate the ACV.
- let the mixture rest for a couple of minutes, until it thickens and becomes quite gooey (add a little more psyllium if too runny - it should stick to your spoon, rather than slide off it) smear a little coconut oil over the base and sides of a loaf tin (20cm x 11cm x 7cm height / 17cm x 8cm at the base), then pour the mixture and level it.
- bake for 35 minutes or until brown on top and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- allow the loaf to cool, then dust with coconut flour to mimic the farmhouse look (optional).
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:34:28.