AMAZING LOW CARB KETO PROTEIN BREAD LOAF
- 3 large eggs (or 4 small)
- 120 grams full fat cream cheese ,
- 40 grams whey protein powder ,
- 25 grams psyllium husks (or 4 small)
- 1/4 teaspoon Himal (or 4 small)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (or 4 small)
- coconut flour (or 4 small)
- pre-heat oven to 140ºC fan (160ºC static). pile dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk until well blended, with NO lumps. in a separate bowl, soften cream cheese using a hand whisk and add eggs one at a time, whisking in between each. combine dry and wet ingredients, whisking again to amalgamate really well, and finally, incorporate the ACV. let the mixture rest for a couple of minutes, until it thickens and becomes quite gooey (add a little more psyllium if too runny - it should stick to your spoon, rather than slide off it) smear a little coconut oil over the base and sides of a loaf tin (20cm x 11cm x 7cm height / 17cm x 8cm at the base), then pour the mixture and level it. bake for 35 minutes or until brown on top and an inserted skewer comes out clean. allow the loaf to cool, then dust with coconut flour to mimic the farmhouse look (optional).
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:34:28.