Low Carb Coconut Pancakes
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream ,
- 4 large eggs ,
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (We use this!)
- 20 drops liquid stevia (We use this!)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (We use this!)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (We use this!)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (We use this!)
- 1/4 cup whey (We use this!)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (We use this!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (We use this!)
- Using a food processor or a mixer combine all of the wet ingredients and thoroughly mix. This includes cream, eggs, coconut milk, stevia, vanilla, and coconut oil(melted).Combine all of the dry ingredients separately and mix together.Slowly and gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture being careful not to over mix. You want a homogeneous mixture but some lumps is fine.Heat a nonstick skillet over low-medium heat. This batter is thick so have the burner lower than you would for normal pancakes.Spoon the mixture into the pan and form into pancakes with a spatula. You will need to form these manually as the batter is thick to the point that it won't spread out by itself in the pan. This is a good thing!Cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until you notice bubbles on the top side of the pancake. That is a telltale sign that it is ready to be flipped.Top with butter, syrup and additional coconut flakes and enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:10:51.