Low Carb & Keto Avocado Toast
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 7 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- ros (Avocado
- 1 avocado (medium)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- sea salt (melted)
- Low Carb Bread Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat the eggs for 1 - 2 minutes with an electric hand mixer on high speed.
- Add coconut oil and melted butter (let it cool a bit so that you don't cook the eggs) to the eggs and continue beating.
- Add the remaining bread ingredients.
- Note: the batter will become quite thick.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 45 minutes or once a skewer comes out of the middle clean.
- Avocado Rose & Topping Once you're ready to make the rest of the recipe, set 2 slices of the low carb bread to toast to your desired crispiness.
- Cut an avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Peel the avocado shell away carefully.
- Laying the avocado halves flat side down, begin slicing it thinly until the whole avocado is sliced.
- Working with one avocado half at a time, gently push the slices, fanning them out into one long strips of overlapping slices.
- Then, roll the strip into a spiral until the whole thing comes into the shape of a round rose.
- Reference photo: (credit to Kirbie's Cravings) Save Top each slice of toast with an avocado rose and a sprinkle of sea salt and sunflower seeds.
- Enjoy 1 toast + 1 avocado rose per person.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:34:11.