How to make Vegan Sour Cream
- 1 cup raw cashews (whole)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Add raw cashews to a glass container.
- Cover with water and soak for 6 hours, covered, in the fridge.Drain and rinse.
- You may have to tamper down the ingredients as you go.
- The mixture will be thick and creamy.
- Try to avoid adding water.Serve with a batch of my keto Herb Crackers.Store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
- The sour cream will thicken up over a couple of hours.
- To make just a bit creamier, add a touch of water and stir.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:27:45.