Easy Buffalo Wings
- 6 chicken wings (6 wingettes, 6 drumettes)
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (6 wingettes, 6 drumettes)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- garlic powder
- cayenne (optional)
- Start by breaking your chicken wings into 2 pieces (the wingettes and drumettes, discarding the tips).
- Pour a bit of Frank's Red Hot sauce over the wings, just enough to coat them lightly.
- Marinade Season your wings and toss to cover them well.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- If you're strapped for time, you can skip the refrigeration and move on to the next step.
- Season wings Turn your broiler on to high and place the oven rack about 6 inches from the broiler.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum paper.
- Lay out the chicken wings so they have enough space between them for the flame to reach the sides.
- Broil Let them cook under the broiler for about 8 minutes.
- The tops of the wings should turn a nice dark brown.
- Some bits may turn almost black if they're very close to the flames.
- While they're broiling, melt down 2 tablespoons of butter and the rest of your hot sauce.
- You may season it lightly with cayenne pepper if you'd like a spicier wing, like we do! Once the butter has melted, take the sauce off the heat.
- Sauce Take the wings out of the broiler and flip them.
- Place them back in the broiler for 6-8 minutes.
- Keep an eye on them! Once they're nice and browned on all sides, place them in a deep mixing bowl and pour your prepared hot sauce over them.
- Toss to coat them evenly.
- Toss Enjoy them with some keto cole slaw, celery, carrots and bleu cheese!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:33:59.