Vegan Keto Pancakes
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups ground flaxseed
- 2/3 cup sweetener (golden monk fruit, use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off Lakanto products)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup water (golden monk fruit, use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off Lakanto products)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- For the flax egg, to a small bowl, add flax seeds and water and whisk together.
- Allow to soak for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 cups flax seeds, monk fruit sweetener, cinnamon, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk until well-combined.
- In a small bowl, microwave coconut oil until melted, about 20-30 seconds.
- To dry ingredients, add flax egg, melted coconut oil, and water (or coconut milk).
- Using electric mixer, mix all ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Allow mixture to rest for 5 minutes.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup (*see note below), scoop mixture out, roll into a ball, and set atop prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly press down on mixture to form into pancake.
- Split pancakes up among the two baking sheets.
- Bake pancakes in oven for 20 minutes.
- NOTES * I weighed my pancakes using a food scale.
- Each pancake prior to baking weighed approximately 80-85 grams.
- Store pancakes in airtight container in refrigerator for 3-5 days or in freezer for up to 1 month.
- Reheat in toaster or toaster oven
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:43:28.