Keto Pizza Florentine
- 2 pizza crust (small)
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce (small)
- 2 slices bacon (small)
- 3 cups spinach (small)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese (small)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (small)
- 2 large eggs (small)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (small)
- 1 tablespoon ghee (small)
- 1/4 salt (or more to taste,
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (small)
- Prepare the pizza crust and Marinara sauce. Preheat the oven to 220 °C/ 430 °F. Cut the bacon into small pieces. Grease a pan with ghee and add the bacon. Cook over a medium-high heat until crispy on both sides. Use a fork or a slotted spoon to place the bacon on a plate and set aside. Wash and drain the spinach and add to the pan where you cooked the bacon and season with salt. Cook until wilted. When done, take off the heat and set aside. Place the baked pizza crusts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread the marinara sauce on the pizza crusts. Add shredded mozzarella cheese - keep some mozzarella for later. Spread the spinach round the edges of the pizza crusts creating small wells in the middle. Add the crisped up bacon. Crack one egg in the middle of each pizza. Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Add the cherry tomatoes on top. Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the egg white is cooked and the egg yolk is still runny. Remove from the oven, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh basil before serving. Enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:07:05.