- 5 pounds pork shoulder butt (cut into smaller chunks)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin ,
- 1 tablespoon chili powder ,
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder ,
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano ,
- 1 teaspoon salt ,
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapenos (cut into smaller chunks)
- 2 ounces orange juice ,
- zest ,
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (cut into smaller chunks)
- 1 lemon (the juice
- Mix the dry spices and rub them on the meat. Place the meat fatty side up into a crock-pot or oven safe skillet and add the remaining seasonings. Sprinkle jalapenos over the pork shoulder. Add fresh orange juice, lime juice and lemon juice. Cook on low in the crock-pot for 10 to 12 hours or overnight. When the meat is tender, remove it from the crock-pot and shred it into smaller pieces. Reserve the drippings and reduce it to half in a pot. Sauté the optional onion and bell peppers in fat. Add the reduced pan drippings. Fry the pork in a heavy skillet until the pieces are browned and crispy. Getting the meat crisped up is really important in making it so delicious. Serve with avocado, tomato, jalapeño, shredded cheese, sour cream. Don’t forget the fresh cilantro!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:21:48.