- 5 pounds pork shoulder butt (cut into smaller chunks)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapenos (cut into smaller chunks)
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (cut into smaller chunks)
- 1 lemon (the juice
- Mix the dry spices and rub them on the meat.
- Place the meat fatty side up into a crock-pot or oven safe skillet and add the remaining seasonings.
- Sprinkle jalapenos over the pork shoulder.
- Add fresh orange juice, lime juice and lemon juice.
- Cook on low in the crock-pot for 10 to 12 hours or overnight.
- When the meat is tender, remove it from the crock-pot and shred it into smaller pieces.
- Reserve the drippings and reduce it to half in a pot.
- Sauté the optional onion and bell peppers in fat.
- Add the reduced pan drippings.
- Fry the pork in a heavy skillet until the pieces are browned and crispy.
- Getting the meat crisped up is really important in making it so delicious.
- Serve with avocado, tomato, jalapeño, shredded cheese, sour cream.
- Don’t forget the fresh cilantro!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:21:48.