Keto Cinnamon Roll Pancake
- 2 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (softened)
- 2 teaspoons sugar substitute (softened)
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- almond milk (softened)
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (softened)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg (softened)
- 1 ounce cream cheese (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (softened)
- 1 teaspoon butter (softened)
- heavy cream (softened)
- sweetener (to taste)
- Instructions Cream Cheese Topping Mix ingredients in a small bowl until well combined, adding liquid as needed to thin.
- Ideally, you want something thin enough to pour.
- Set aside.
- Cinnamon Swirl Add ingredients to a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sweetener (if granulated) is dissolved, and ingredients are well combined.
- Turn off the heat and set aside.
- (Alternatively, use a microwave.) Pancake Batter Combine softened cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, sugar substitute, and cinnamon using a blender or mixer.
- Add coconut flour, baking powder, and cinnamon, blending again until very well combined.
- NOTE: Batter may thicken if left to sit for more than a few minutes.
- If this occurs, add almond milk or half and half as needed to thin it.
- Making the pancakes Pour circles of batter about 4 inches in diameter onto an electric griddle set to 325F or a greased pan over medium heat.
- When the top begins to bubble, drizzle a spiral of the cinnamon swirl mixture over the surface of the pancake.
- Using a spoon or knife, swirl the cinnamon into the pancake.
- Flip pancakes when edges begin to harden and bottom is golden brown.
- NOTE: Wipe the pan between batches to prevent burning.
- Serve pancakes swirl side up, with cream cheese and remaining cinnamon swirl mixture drizzled on top.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:36:18.