Shredded Chicken Chili [Recipe]
- 4 chicken breasts (large, shredded)
- 1 tablespoon butter (large, shredded)
- 1/2 onions (chopped)
- 2 cups chicken broth (large, shredded)
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes (large, shredded)
- 2 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 jalapeno chilies (large, shredded)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Prepare chicken by boiling chicken breasts in water or broth on stovetop for 10-12 minutes, just barely covered in liquid.
- Once the meat is no longer pink, remove from fluid and shred with two forks.
- This same technique can also be used with a pressure cooker at pressure for 5 minutes with a natural release, or a slow cooker for 4-6 hours.
- Whatever’s clever for you! Rotisserie chicken meat can be substituted for the breasts as well.In a large stockpot, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent.Add the shredded chicken, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and jalapeno to the pot and combine by gently stirring over the burner.
- Bring to a boil, then drop it down to a simmer over medium-low heat and cover for 10 minutes.Cut cream cheese into small, 1-inch chunks.Remove lid and mix in the cream cheese.
- Increase the heat back up to medium-high and continue to stir until the cream cheese is completely blended in.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.Eat as-is or garnish with toppings of your choice.
- I love cilantro and Monterey jack cheese for ooey gooey goodness.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:24:53.