Bacon, Red Chard, and Ricotta Frittata [Recipe]
- 6 pieces bacon
- 1/2 onions (medium
- 1 bunch red chard (medium, thinly sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (medium, thinly sliced)
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.Fry up bacon in a well seasoned 10-inch cast-iron pan over low-medium heat until it is thoroughly cooked, but not quite crispy, about 8-10 minutes.
- Once the bacon is cooked, transfer out of the pan and chop into 1cm chunks.
- Reserve the pan for baking the frittata.Using the fat rendered from the bacon, grease a large saute pan and cook the onion over medium heat until it becomes translucent.Add red chard to the pan.
- Toss and stir to coat the leaves in bacon fat and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season the onion and red chard with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes.
- Stir in bacon and transfer to the cast-iron pan.Beat eggs and heavy cream together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.Fold the ricotta and Parmesan cheese into the beaten eggs.
- Slowly mix until the mixture appears lumpy and stop before the cheese is completely blended in.Pour the egg mixture over the bacon and vegetables in the cast-iron pan.
- Stir to evenly distribute the ingredients throughout the eggs.Bake for 20 minutes.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:24:51.