Lofthouse Style Low Carb “Sugar” Cookies
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter (softened)
- 6 tablespoons vegan cream cheese (softened)
- 1 flax egg (softened)
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener (or other granulated sweetener)
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener (or other granulated sweetener)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream together butter, extracts, cream cheese and Swerve.
- Mix in the flax egg egg, until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in chickpea flour, and coconut flour, making sure there are no lumps.
- Spoon mixture onto a cookie sheet (with either a silicon mat, or parchment paper).
- These puff up a little bit, but don't really spread, so make them look like you want them to come out! And be sure to leave a little space between them (about an inch).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or just until they start to turn golden at the sides.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least a half hour.
- I chilled them a bit in the fridge before frosting.
- To make the frosting - cream together butter, cream cheese and vanilla.
- Mix in Swerve (pulverize it in a coffee grinder first, to smooth it out) and food dye.
- Frost away!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:16:05.