Lofthouse Style Low Carb “Sugar” Cookies
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter (softened)
- 6 tablespoons vegan cream cheese (softened)
- 1 flax egg (softened)
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener (or other granulated sweetener),
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour ,
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour ,
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder ,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ,
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract ,
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese ,
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter ,
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener (or other granulated sweetener),
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cream together butter, extracts, cream cheese and Swerve. Mix in the flax egg egg, until thoroughly combined. Mix in chickpea flour, and coconut flour, making sure there are no lumps. Spoon mixture onto a cookie sheet (with either a silicon mat, or parchment paper). These puff up a little bit, but don't really spread, so make them look like you want them to come out! And be sure to leave a little space between them (about an inch). Bake for 12-15 minutes, or just until they start to turn golden at the sides. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least a half hour. I chilled them a bit in the fridge before frosting. To make the frosting - cream together butter, cream cheese and vanilla. Mix in Swerve (pulverize it in a coffee grinder first, to smooth it out) and food dye. Frost away!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:16:05.