Low Carb Keto Everything Bagels
- 2 cups almond flour (get it here)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (get it here)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian se (get it here)
- 3 large eggs (get it here)
- 3 cups low moisture mozzarella (get it here)
- 5 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning (get it here)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried Italian seasoning.
- Mix until well combined.
- I like to put the mixture through a flour sifter to ensure that all the baking powder gets mixed in with the rest of the ingredients.Crack one of the eggs into a small bowl and fork whisk.
- This will be the egg wash for the top of the bagels.
- The other two eggs will go in the dough.In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese.
- Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and stir to combine.
- Return to microwave for 1 additional minute.
- Mix until well combined.To the mixing bowl, add the remaining 2 eggs and the almond flour mixture.
- Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- If the dough gets too stringy and unworkable, simply put it back in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften and continue mixing.Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a ball.Gently press your finger into the center of each dough ball to form a ring.
- Stretch the ring to make a small hole in the center and form it into a bagel shape.Brush the top of each bagel with the egg wash.Top each bagel with Everything Bagel Seasoning.Bake on the middle rack for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:29:53.