Keto Mozzarella Sticks
- 6 ounces mozzarella string cheese (sticks of, halved widthwise)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (sticks of, halved widthwise)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian se (sticks of, halved widthwise)
- Instructions Whisk egg with salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- In a separate shallow dish, combine the dry ingredients.
- Dip each piece of cheese into the egg, and then roll in the parmesan mixture to coat.
- Repeat this twice to form a double coating on each cheese stick.
- Place cheese sticks into a small rectangular dish or other container, and chill in the freezer for at least 25 minutes.
- Heat about half an inch of oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry cheese sticks until golden brown, about 60 to 90 seconds per side.
- Drain excess oil on paper towels.
- Serve alone, or with a side of low carb marinara sauce for dipping.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:36:19.