Keto Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- 3 tablespoons butter oil ,
- 1 small yellow onion (medium diced)
- 1 rutabaga (medium-ish,
- 3 cloves garlic (medium diced)
- kosher salt ,
- cracked black pepper ,
- 1 chicken meat (medium diced)
- 1 cup heavy cream ,
- 2 cups chicken stock (medium diced)
- 9 ounces cream cheese (medium diced)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (medium diced)
- 1 cup broccoli (medium diced)
- Make your batch of biscuit dough and set aside in the refrigerator until needed. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Heat the butter in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the onion, rutabaga, carrots, garlic and a little salt and pepper to the pan. Sauté until the vegetables are soft. Add the herbs to the pan and stir in. Add the heavy cream and chicken stock to the pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 8 minutes. Add cream cheese cubes and stir until melted. Sprinkle the cheese in and until melted. Stir in the chopped broccoli. Turn off heat and fold in the chicken shreds. (At this point I taste the mixture and season accordingly with salt and pepper again) Pour mixture into a 9×13 inch casserole pan and spread evenly. Take biscuit dough and scoop 6 to 8 mounds across the top of the casserole and pat them down so they are flat (they dont spread very much). Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes, until biscuits are golden brown. (This will depend on the thickness of your biscuits) Cool for a few minutes, it will be very hot right out of the oven!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:43:24.