Keto Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- 3 tablespoons butter oil
- 1 small yellow onion (medium diced)
- 1 rutabaga (medium-ish
- 3 cloves garlic (medium diced)
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 chicken meat (medium diced)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken stock (medium diced)
- 9 ounces cream cheese (medium diced)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (medium diced)
- 1 cup broccoli (medium diced)
- Make your batch of biscuit dough and set aside in the refrigerator until needed.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the butter in a large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add the onion, rutabaga, carrots, garlic and a little salt and pepper to the pan.
- Sauté until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the herbs to the pan and stir in.
- Add the heavy cream and chicken stock to the pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Add cream cheese cubes and stir until melted.
- Sprinkle the cheese in and until melted.
- Stir in the chopped broccoli.
- Turn off heat and fold in the chicken shreds.
- (At this point I taste the mixture and season accordingly with salt and pepper again) Pour mixture into a 9×13 inch casserole pan and spread evenly.
- Take biscuit dough and scoop 6 to 8 mounds across the top of the casserole and pat them down so they are flat (they dont spread very much).
- Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes, until biscuits are golden brown.
- (This will depend on the thickness of your biscuits) Cool for a few minutes, it will be very hot right out of the oven!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:43:24.