KETO SUGAR FREE SAVOIARDI - LADY FINGER BISCUITS
- 1 medium eggs
- 8 grams coconut flour (click here for US option)
- 5 grams arrowroot flour
- 30 grams erythritol (click here for US option)
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia (click here for US option)
- 4 drops vanilla extract (click here for US option)
- 4 drops lemon juice
- separate egg and pre-heat oven to 200°C static.
- add lemon zest, 20g erythritol and stevia to egg yolk and whisk until pale and frothy.
- add lemon juice drops to egg white and whisk until stiff, then add 10g erythritol and continue to whisk until you have a very stiff meringue.
- in a separate bowl, sift flours and give them a good stir.
- fold ½ meringue very gently into egg yolk mixture, add sifted flours 1 tablespoon at a time, folding gently so as not to deflate the mix, then incorporate the remaining ½ meringue.
- at this point you should end up with a very light and foamy mixture.
- spoon onto a lined baking tray, forming 4 equal, oblong shapes (the mixture should not spread itself out at this point, if it does it is too liquid and airless - I'm afraid you'll have to start all over) bake 8-9 minutes until golden and edges start to brown.
- the biscuits will harden once completely cold.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:34:30.