Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- 1 cup cheese (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon oil (about 1 pound)
- 1 pinch salt (about 1 pound)
- Preheat your broiler while preparing the asparagus.
- Bend the asparagus lightly; they should naturally snap to separate the woody end of the stems from the tasty side.
- Discard the woody ends, and lightly grease a rimmed baking tray.
- Cut the prosciutto strips in half lengthwise.
- In groups of two or three asparagus stalks, gently wrap the prosciutto diagonally around your asparagus spears, leaving just the tips showing.
- Be gentle to not tear the prosciutto, though if it does tear just do your best to continue wrapping gently.
- Place each wrapped bundle on the baking tray, being careful not to overlap them.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste, then place the baking tray on an oven rack about four inches above the broiler, watching carefully.
- As soon as the prosciutto crisps (about two minutes), flip the bundles to crisp the other side, usually only a minute or two longer.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:40:17.