Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 4 ounces prosciutto ,
- 1 cup cheese (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon oil (about 1 pound)
- 1 pinch salt (about 1 pound)
- Preheat your broiler while preparing the asparagus. Bend the asparagus lightly; they should naturally snap to separate the woody end of the stems from the tasty side. Discard the woody ends, and lightly grease a rimmed baking tray. Cut the prosciutto strips in half lengthwise. In groups of two or three asparagus stalks, gently wrap the prosciutto diagonally around your asparagus spears, leaving just the tips showing. Be gentle to not tear the prosciutto, though if it does tear just do your best to continue wrapping gently. Place each wrapped bundle on the baking tray, being careful not to overlap them. Season with pepper and salt to taste, then place the baking tray on an oven rack about four inches above the broiler, watching carefully. As soon as the prosciutto crisps (about two minutes), flip the bundles to crisp the other side, usually only a minute or two longer.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:40:17.