Bacon and Mushroom Omelette
- 3 mushrooms (medium)
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bacon
- lettuce (or watercress to taste optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Brunoise cut the onion.
- Slice the mushrooms and bacon into small chunks as well.Heat an 8-inch non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Cook the onion and bacon in the pan.
- Once the bacon is toasted enough, toss in the mushrooms and remove from the heat.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Flavor with sea salt and black pepper then add the cooked bacon, mushroom, and onion.
- Gently pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- Once the omelette starts to firm up, ease around the edges with a spatula.
- Lay the slices of cheddar cheese on one half of the omelette.
- Fold the other half onto the cheese.Leave in the pan for another 2 minutes then let the cooked omelette slide onto a plate.Fill the inside of the omelette with lettuce leaves if preferred.
- Serve immediately while still crispy and warm.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:58:13.