Spicy Pork and Zoodle Bowl
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 inches ginger (piece, grated)
- 1 teaspoon szechwan peppercorns (piece, grated)
- 1/2 cumin seed (piece, grated)
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 quart stock
- 4 baby bok choy (piece, grated)
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (piece, grated)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 zucchini (spiralized)
- sriracha sauce (piece, grated)
- Heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork, garlic, ginger, Sichuan peppercorns, red pepper flakes, and cumin seed.
- Cook, breaking up the pork as you go until the pork is well browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to a simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add in the baby bok choy and green onions.
- Leave a little of the green tops for garnish.
- Add the soy and fish sauce.
- Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Top with green onion tops and sriachia if desired.
- Prepare your zoodles while the stock is simmering.
- Use a hand held or counter top device for the zoodles.
- RECIPE NOTES *I use a microplane grater to grate the cheese right over the hot green beans.
- Check out the tip here for the easy minced garlic.
- The same technique applies to a block of cheese.
- **I use an old-fashioned mortar and pestle to grind the spices up
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:48:01.