Pork & Egg Pie (Quiche)
- 1 savory (recipe
- 350 grams pork loin (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- 6 slices bacon (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- 4 large eggs (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- 1 red onion (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- 2 cloves garlic (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- 1/4 cup chives (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- 2 tablespoons ghee (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- ground black pepper (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- Make the pie crust following this recipe.
- You can either make 8 mini pie crusts or one regular crust.
- Make the dough and press into the pan (I used a pan with removable bottom).
- Place baking paper on top and use ceramic baking beans to weight the dough down.
- You will need them to prevent the dough from rising and creating air bubbles, especially if you are making a large pie.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic and place on a pan greased with ghee.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes while stirring.
- Then add sliced bacon and cook for further 5 minutes or until crispy.
- Dice the pork loin and add to the pan with the bacon.
- Cook over a medium heat until browned from all sides.
- When done, take off the heat and set aside to cool down.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F.
- Mix the eggs with the cream cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Grate the cheddar cheese.
- Add the grated cheddar cheese to the egg mixture and combine well.
- Add finely chopped chives or spring onion and mix well.
- Place the cooked pork into the pie crust (leave it in the tart pan) and spread evenly.
- Pour in the egg mixture and mix gently using a wooden spoon.
- Place the pie into the oven and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:40:07.