Pork & Egg Pie (Quiche)
- 1 savory (recipe,
- 350 grams pork loin (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- 6 slices bacon (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- 4 large eggs (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- 1 red onion (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- 2 cloves garlic (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- 1/4 cup chives (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- 2 tablespoons ghee (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- ground black pepper (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (recipe, Keto Pie Crust)
- Make the pie crust following this recipe. You can either make 8 mini pie crusts or one regular crust. Make the dough and press into the pan (I used a pan with removable bottom). Place baking paper on top and use ceramic baking beans to weight the dough down. You will need them to prevent the dough from rising and creating air bubbles, especially if you are making a large pie. Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic and place on a pan greased with ghee. Cook for 5-7 minutes while stirring. Then add sliced bacon and cook for further 5 minutes or until crispy. Dice the pork loin and add to the pan with the bacon. Cook over a medium heat until browned from all sides. When done, take off the heat and set aside to cool down. Preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F. Mix the eggs with the cream cheese and season with salt and pepper. Grate the cheddar cheese. Add the grated cheddar cheese to the egg mixture and combine well. Add finely chopped chives or spring onion and mix well. Place the cooked pork into the pie crust (leave it in the tart pan) and spread evenly. Pour in the egg mixture and mix gently using a wooden spoon. Place the pie into the oven and cook for about 25 minutes. When done, remove from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve hot or cold. Enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:40:07.