Barbecue Bacon Chicken Skewers
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs (boneless and skinless)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (boneless and skinless)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ,
- 2 zucchini (chopped),
- 2 bunches asparagus ,
- 2 spring onions (boneless and skinless)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (boneless and skinless)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice ,
- 2 tablespoons butter (boneless and skinless)
- salt (to taste),
- pepper (to taste),
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Start by cutting your thighs into medium-sized pieces, roughly 1 to 1 ½ inch in size. Place pieces in a bowl, adding your barbecue sauce and olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate at least 2 hours, for up to 24 hours. When the meat has marinated appropriately, preheat your broiler to 450 F. Thread your chicken pieces on skewers, placing them on a wire rack inside a baking tray. To make your zucchini salad, place the zucchini in another baking tray, adding your asparagus, spring onion, and chopped parsley (after setting some parsley aside for garnishing). Drizzle your vegetables with lemon juice and melted butter before seasoning with salt and pepper. Place both baking trays in the oven or on bbq, cooking 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes, before garnishing both skewers and veggies with your reserved parsley, drizzling with olive oil.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:40:14.