Keto chicken Tonnato
- 2 tablespoons capers (small)
- 4 ounces tuna packed in olive oil
- 2 garlic (clovegarlic cloves)
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil (small)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken (small)
- 7 ounces dark leafy greens
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce with an immersion blender or in a food processor.
- Reserve the tonnato sauce in order to let the flavors develop. Put the chicken breasts in a pot with just enough lightly salted water to cover it.
- (If you’re using precooked chicken then skip this step.) Bring the water to a boil and discard the foam appearing on the surface. Let simmer on medium heat for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- If you’re using a meat thermometer, it should say 165°F (75°C) when done.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve with extra capers and a wedge of fresh lemon.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:21:41.