Low-Carb Pesto Caprese Chicken Casserole
- 3 pounds chicken cutlets (breasts, 1.36 kg)
- 1 teaspoon salt ,
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper ,
- 3/4 cup pesto (breasts, 1.36 kg)
- 3 ounces baby spinach (breasts, 1.36 kg)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (breasts, 1.36 kg)
- 13 ounces fresh mozzarella (breasts, 1.36 kg)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (breasts, 1.36 kg)
- fresh basil (breasts, 1.36 kg)
- Preheat your oven to 220 °C/ 425 °F (Update: based on feedback, preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F). Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Layer half of the cutlets into the bottom of a large casserole dish. Top with half the pesto, ... ... half the spinach, and half of the mozzarella. Repeat with another layer. Top the casserole with the parmesan cheese and add the cherry tomatoes to the sides. Bake for 45-50 minutes (Update: based on feedback, cook for 40-45 minutes) or until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is golden and bubbly. If youd like you can place the casserole under the broiler for 3-4 minutes to crisp up the cheese at the end. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve. To store, let it cool down and keep refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:45.