Low-Carb Pesto Caprese Chicken Casserole
- 3 pounds chicken cutlets (breasts, 1.36 kg)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup pesto (breasts, 1.36 kg)
- 3 ounces baby spinach (breasts, 1.36 kg)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (breasts, 1.36 kg)
- 13 ounces fresh mozzarella (breasts, 1.36 kg)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (breasts, 1.36 kg)
- fresh basil (breasts, 1.36 kg)
- Preheat your oven to 220 °C/ 425 °F (Update: based on feedback, preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F).
- Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Layer half of the cutlets into the bottom of a large casserole dish.
- Top with half the pesto, ...
- half the spinach, and half of the mozzarella.
- Repeat with another layer.
- Top the casserole with the parmesan cheese and add the cherry tomatoes to the sides.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes (Update: based on feedback, cook for 40-45 minutes) or until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- If youd like you can place the casserole under the broiler for 3-4 minutes to crisp up the cheese at the end.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve.
- To store, let it cool down and keep refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:45.