Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- 2 tablespoons ghee (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 3 cloves garlic (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 onions (medium
- 1 1/8 pounds ground beef (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 cup pickles (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 7 ounces canned chopped tomatoes (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 3/4 cup almond flour (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 bacon slices (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C/ 360 °F.
- Grease a large pot with ghee.
- Peel and slice the onion and finely chop the garlic.
- Add to the pot and cook until fragrant for about 5 minutes over a medium-high heat.
- Stir to prevent burning.
- Place the beef in the pot with onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes until browned from all sides.
- Add the sliced pickled cucumbers.
- Add the mustard, ketchup, ...
- canned tomatoes, chopped parsley ...
- and almond flour.
- Mix to combine well.
- Take off the heat and set aside.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and add heavy whipping cream.
- Season with salt and pepper and whisk using a fork.
- Place the warm cheeseburger mixture into a large baking dish.
- Add the grated cheddar cheese, pour over the egg & cream mixture and stir with a spatula.
- Place in the oven and bake tor 25 minutes at 180 °C/ 360 °F.
- Then, top with sliced bacon and place back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- Once done, place on a rack and leave to cool down for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with crispy greens and more pickled cucumbers.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months and reheat as needed.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:24:42.