Spiced Chorizo Meatballs
- 7/8 pound ground pork (20% fat, 400 g / 14.1 oz)
- 1/3 chorizo sausage (20% fat, 400 g / 14.1 oz)
- 1 large eggs (20% fat, 400 g / 14.1 oz)
- 1/2 cup almond flour (20% fat, 400 g / 14.1 oz)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 white onion (20% fat, 400 g / 14.1 oz)
- 1 tablespoon ghee (20% fat, 400 g / 14.1 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (20% fat, 400 g / 14.1 oz)
- Peel and dice the onion and garlic and dice the chorizo sausage.
- Grease a large pan with ghee and add the chorizo, garlic and onion.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes over a medium heat or until lightly crisped up.
- Take off the heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, egg, almond flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, ground cumin and salt.
- Mix until well combined and add the crisped up chorizo, garlic and onion from the pan using a slotted spoon.
- Using your hands, make small-medium meatballs and place on a cutting board.
- Heat the pan where you cooked the chorizo and onion over a medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the meatballs and cook for 2 minutes.
- Once browned, turn the meatballs on the other side using a fork and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- The time depends on the size of the meatballs.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately or let it cool down and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To store them for longer, place in a zip-lock bag and freeze.
- For a complete meal, try with Keto cheese sauce and Buttered Brussels sprouts!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:29:51.