Keto Tex-Mex casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 7 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 ounces jalapeno chilies (pickled)
- 7 ounces shredded cheese
- monterey jack
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 1 scallions (finely choppedscallions
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 cup guacamole (pickled)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons onion powder (pickled)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (pickled)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Fry the ground beef in butter on medium high heat, until cooked through and no longer pink. Add taco seasoning and tomatoes.
- Stir and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Taste to see if if needs additional salt and pepper. Place the ground-beef mixture in a greased baking dish (about 9" or 23 cm in diameter).
- Top with jalapenos and cheese. Bake on upper rack in oven for 15–20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Chop the scallion finely and mix in with the crème fraiche or sour cream.
- Serve the casserole with a dollop of crème fraiche or sour cream, guacamole and a green salad.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:21:40.